In 2012 I built up my distance steadily and the culmination was completing the Marriott’s Way ultramarathon.
In 2013 I’m planning to enter events that build up the distance again, with the years objective being the Norfolk Coast ultramarathon (100K).
Here’s the plan so far:
- Wymondham New Years Day 10K (done)
- Freethorpe 10 miler – 27th Jan http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?EN=72661 (entered)
- Broadland half marathon or Fritton Lake half marathon. Both are on the same day (Sunday 17th March) so I’m not sure which one to do yet.
- Bungay marathon – Sunday 14th April. More info on the Bungay Black Dog site (not entered yet)
- ??? I need a mid-range ultra here, somewhere around the 40 mile mark. TBD ???
- Norfolk Ultra – 62 miles (100 km) on the Norfolk Coastal Path – 12th October.
It’s not going to be easy, but I have time to train. Must submit my entry soon.
- Marriott’s Way ultra – I did this in 2012 and intend to improve on my time from last year.
I will probably do some smaller distance events around this lot. But this is the plan for the longer runs.
Update 28th Jan
The Freethorpe 10 miler was cancelled due to snow and ice 🙁
Not sure yet when it will be rescheduled.
I decided to opt for the Fritton Lake half marathon instead of the Broadland one as a cross country distance event is going to be better preparation for the Ultras this year. It’s also a good excuse to try out the Neo Trails
Update 22nd July
- Freethorpe 10 miler entry was transferred to the Humpty Dumpty 10k
- I did 2 mid-range (40 mile) ultras (Compton Downland and Dukeries)
- I ran my first marathon, but it was 1 week after the Compton Downland ultra so I wasn’t in the best of shape
- I ran Race to the Stones 100km (non-stop option)
Update 13th October